About Wendy Hill, Ph.D. Psychotherapy and Clinical Hypnotherapist
Expert trained in psychotherapy, hypnotherapy, spirituality, and communications
Wendy Hill, Ph.D. is a psychotherapist and certified clinical hypnotherapist based in Encinitas, California. Dr. Wendy has been in practice for over 30 years. She focuses on core belief transformation and inner child healing. She has a Masters Degree and a Ph.D. in Human Behavior. Wendy specializes in advanced clinical hypnotherapy, identifying and transforming subconscious self-defeating core beliefs that cause life’s most common challenges and conflicts. She is skilled in treating depression, anxiety, addiction, relationship problems, self-esteem, and life challenges. She is competent in core belief transformation, inner child healing, regression, and communication.
Milton Erickson and Carl Rogers
Wendy was trained by Milton Erickson, the noted “father of hypnosis” and Carl Rogers of humanistic psychology fame. Her Ph.D. and Masters Degrees in human behavior and psychology have offered a broad and in depth basis for her work. She completed her undergraduate work at Whittier College, her graduate work at United States International University, and post graduate work at U. C. Irvine, California State University, Los Angeles, Univ. of M.S., and UCLA.
What Makes A Qualified Hypnotherapist/Psychotherapist
A good therapist is one who has combined hypnotherapy with psychotherapy and spirituality. Years of experience are the very best teacher. Dr. Wendy has worked with hundreds of individuals and couples over the years with positive feedback even 20 years after therapy was completed.
Books, Workshops, and Articles
Wendy is author of many articles on well being, hypnosis, and spirituality. She is author of the book, The True Seeker’s Guide To A Better Life and the movie workshop, The Call To Adventure.
Wendy has presented the intensive personal growth workshop, The Renaissance Experience multiple times since the 1980’s. Hundreds of people have participated in this workshop in small intimate groups. Their testimonials can be found on this site.
Serving San Diego County and Beyond
CentrePoint, Inc in Encinitas California is a non-profit organization in which Wendy Hill, Ph.D., CCHT, conducts her practice. She is also an ordained minister and provides spiritual counseling.
Wendy Hill, is the San Diego County professional. Wendy also offers telephone hypnotherapy allowing her clients to benefit from her skills. She is the hypnosis expert, has superior training as a clinical hypnotherapist, and is a communications expert, and counselor.
What You Can Expect From A First Session
First call Wendy Hill and tell her what you are experiencing. She will spend time with you on the telephone to help you become clear about what you want and the best next step to take. If you decide to come in for a session, Wendy will help you further define and clarify your needs until a clear direction of treatment is established. Often a two hour session is ideal to allow ample time for discussion and hypnotherapy.
Wendy will allow you to move at your own pace. Sometimes taking small steps is best. You are an individual. Wendy customizes for your particular needs and goals. Sometimes it takes a series of sessions ranging from several hours to several months depending on the nature of your goals. Wendy will also offer helpful at home assignments including self hypnosis.
The following are some questions for you to consider answering prior to a session with Wendy:
- Are you currently experiencing a personal crisis or life change? If so, describe it and the emotions you are feeling.
- Are you currently motivated to actively seek solutions to your problems? What problems? What motivates you to take action?
- Do you believe that you alone are responsible for your well being?
- Are you willing to persevere with determination, not allow setbacks and disappointments to deter you, and do whatever is necessary for however long it takes to create a better life?
- What self-defeating patterns of behavior do you have that left unchanged will continue to undermine your happiness and well-being? Describe them honestly.
- Are you willing to suffer the uncertainty and discomfort that comes with change in order to achieve your goals?
- Are you willing to be challenged even though the challenge may bruise your ego and make you feel sad, afraid, or angry?
- Are you willing to be wrong for the sake of being happy and appear ignorant and inadequate for the sake of learning something valuable?
- Are you willing to sacrifice your old self for the sake of finding a new self and your old beliefs and attitudes for the sake of embracing better beliefs and attitudes?
- Are you willing to trust in a higher power you cannot see, touch, or hear?
- Are you willing to fight rather than die, concede, or give up?
Until one is committed there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back, always ineffectiveness concerning all acts of initiative and creation. There is one elementary truth the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself then providence moves too. All sorts of things occur to help one that would never otherwise have occurred. A whole stream of events issue from the decision raising in one’s favor all manner of unforeseen incidents and meetings and material assistance which no man could have dreamed would have come his way. Whatever you can do or dream you can do. Begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now. -Anonymous
To learn more call Wendy Hill, Ph.D.