What Is Hypnotherapy
Hypnosis is a natural focused, relaxed state of consciousness. The hypnotic state is familiar to all of us. Literally, all hypnosis is self-hypnosis but can be ‘induced’ by another person. Hypnotherapy is the therapeutic application of hypnosis. In the hands of a competent practitioner can be powerful enough to heal and transform emotional, mental, and physical difficulties.
Hypnosis is Natural
Hypnosis is the amazing instrument within you that you can use to transform your life. You enter into various stages of hypnosis throughout the day. The key factor is how concentrated your focus is. That is, in what way and how deeply you concentrate. For example, you enter into a focused altered state of consciousness or hypnosis when you are driving, when you are watching television, when you study or meditate when you think deeply, or when you pass into sleep. Hypnosis is natural. It’s a matter of how deeply you concentrate on (or release into) the subject or circumstance that determines the depth of your hypnotic state. While in a state of hypnosis you are aware of your surroundings and can respond to what is needed as necessary. You feel perfectly normal. The depth level of hypnosis used in hypnotherapy can vary between a mild state when, for example, you simply close your eyes and focus within, to a deeper state with closed eyes while relaxing on a recliner with the lights down and responding to a lengthy induction. For purposes of achieving therapeutic results sometimes only a mild state of hypnosis is needed.
Advanced Hypnosis Practitioner
Wendy Hill, Ph.D., serving Carlsbad and other San Diego communities, is the leader in advanced hypnosis and hypnotherapy. Wendy Hill, Ph.D., is a certified clinical hypnotherapist who will guide you to discover, understand, and use this wonderful natural tool you have right inside of you.
With advanced hypnotherapy, you have a natural ability to focus your mind in unique and productive ways. This concentrated state of hypnosis is very useful as a therapeutic tool. It allows you to connect with a part of yourself and your mind that is not otherwise readily available.
Here are some examples of how hypnosis and hypnotherapy is useful:
- Increase self-confidence and improve your relationships.
- Attack and transform anxiety and depression at its root level.
- Identify the source of and overcome addiction.
- Recognize self-defeating core beliefs and transform them.
- Resolve current conflict caused by childhood stress.
- Eradicate a phobia.
- Program yourself to face an uncomfortable or scary event like skydiving, surgery, public speaking, a social situation, or deep sea diving.
- Lower your stress and increase your health and sense of well-being.
- Find something you lost.
- Connect with your inner child and spirit.
- Heal past childhood wounds such as abuse, neglect, or sexual abuse.
What hypnotherapy is not:
- While hypnosis is an amazing door to the subconscious mind it is not a magic wand. You must participate in your own healing and self-transformation.
- Hypnosis does not put you into a state where you have no will or ability to think independently. You are in control.
- Hypnosis does not put you into some kind of la la state where you feel odd or different. Hypnosis is natural and therefore will feel familiar to you.
- Hypnosis does not take away your memory. Hypnotherapy, in fact, opens the door to recovering memory. You will remember what happens in your hypnotherapy session.
- Hypnosis is not just for some who can be “hypnotized”. It is a natural state offering its gift to everyone. Since all hypnosis is self-hypnosis, anyone can be hypnotized.
San Diego’s premiere certified clinical hypnotherapist, Wendy Hill, Ph.D. says:
“In the over 30 years of private practice both as a psychotherapist (retired) and as a hypnotherapist I have never found a tool more powerful than hypnosis. It allows you to have access to information that can liberate you. It allows you to communicate with yourself and to reprogram yourself. Counseling combined with hypnotherapy gets incredible results. Traditional psychotherapy does not offer this dynamic combination.”
Wendy Hill, Ph.D.
Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist
Wendy Hill, Ph.D. is a seasoned certified clinical hypnotherapist. Her office is located at CentrePoint, Inc. in Encinitas, California. Wendy is a trained and seasoned hypnotherapist who understands advanced hypnosis, hypnotherapy, and psychotherapy. She has been in practice for over 30 years as a licensed psychotherapist (1975 to 2007) and hypnotherapist.
To learn more about Advanced Hypnotherapy and hypnosis call Wendy Hill, Ph.D. at 760-994-9296.